Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Can anyone visit to buy jewellery and see the workshop?
- A. Yes. Please phone to arrange time and date on 01423 324108.
- Q. How do I get there?
- A. I live just mile off the A1 (M) at J48 to Boroughbridge.
- Q. Can I buy on-line?
- A. Yes. I need to know which designs from my web site or I can post samples from which to choose.
- Q. How do I find my ring size?
- A. Any High Street jeweller will measure your finger size (ask for wedding ring gauge).
- Q. How do I measure myself for a bangle?
- A. Measure the INSIDE diameter of a bangle that is a tight fit, in centimeters. Please phone 01423 324108 if at all unsure.
- Q. How do I measure for a torque?
- A. Use a tape measure to find the TOTAL circumference of the wrist, in centimeters. Please phone 01423 324108 if at all unsure.
- Q. Why do you use only 18ct gold?
- A. Because it is soft enough to weave by hand. It is 75% pure gold.
- Q. Is every item Hall Marked?
- A. Yes. This is a legal necessity - except Sterling Silver under 8 grams, such as some rings and ear-rings. These will have my Makers Mark (VB). The UK Hall Marking is the most sophisticated in the world - showing the maker, the quality, the Assay Office and, if necessary the year.
- Q. Gold has become extremely expensive. Can I recycle my old gold?
- A. Yes. Gold can be recycled. The best value to recycle gold is to let me make something of your design. I would give you the full price of the current scrap value towards the cost of the item. As I make everything by hand, the gold must be hall-marked 18ct (750 on the hallmark) to be soft enough to work. Please contact me for more information.
- Q. Do you sell abroad?
- A. Yes. I need the design from my web-site and the size (see ordering above)
- Q. Can I pay by credit card?
- A. Yes. For security I suggest phoning details or send two e-mails.
- Q. How long have you been a gold and silversmith?
- A. 37 years.
- Q. How can I found more about you?
- A. Click for a magazine article and recommendations.
Please click on Main Gallery to see examples of my work.
Wedding Ring Designs Page |
Main Gallery |
Made to Measure |